First of all welcome to the flower industry. After Opening up a flower shop it could be difficult to market and promote your new floral design studio to your customers. If you already have competitors, who are in business for decades and have their name out in market very boldly, then your really up for a big challenge. Here are a few tips and ideas you can always follow to market your new flower shop. Assuming you already have a great location, very good floral designer, nice decoration with a flower cooler display.
1. Add your business location and address at Google Places, Bing Local, Yahoo Local, Yellow Pages. All free but very important step.
1. WEBSITE : Build a great custom website where customers can see your designs and can purchase online. Where customers can ask you questions and inquire about your service and design thru a contact us page. Do not use templates from wire services like FTD, TELEFLORA, BLOOMNET. Pay a professional designer 1 time fees to create your custom unique web sites. Upload your own product and design. Create great content and lay out. click for Example
2. Online Marketing : Several ways to promote your studio. Use all the free ones first.
Facebook Page- The best way to reach out and share your shop, design and events. Create a facebook page, update every day, write comments and join other facebook florist group. its all free. Click for example
YELP Account - Create YELP account. Have your customer write reviews for your business. Now days customer read reviews before they get your services. Build a great portfolio and image gallery for your studio and design. Click for example
Google Adwords - Its paid advertisement with google. Pay per click helps a lot.
3. Print Marketing- Design and Print a unique brochures, post cards and flyers, distribute them in every business in the area. Tell them about your shop's specials and services. You can publish ad at local magazines.
4.Local Networking- Join City chamber of Commerce. Attend meetings and seminars. promote your store. Donate your flower arrangements to charity. Offer free sample arrangements to jewelery Events like ZALES.
5.Give customer loyalty discount with punch card or Check in offer for regulars.
6.Create Video of your studio, events and design. post on facebook and other social media. example
7.Publish your flower arrangements design every where online. use flickr, instagram and other photo upload services.
8. Join Florist for Change association. Its a Group of all Real Local Florist.You will find lot more tips and advise from all the real local florist from all over the world. click for FFC web site.
There is lot more and broad ideas of market your flower shops. These are the basic tips and ideas. Browse lots of flower shop websites and get ideas. Read more articles about small business marketing strategy.
Subscribe for new tips and advise in Florist Industry.